Sponsored by 365 Days of Accountability

The single best subscription I have is the Daily Challenge from 365 Days of Accountability

👉🏼👉🏼 Try the Challenge for free

A professor is standing in front of a classroom. He grabs a blank piece of paper and draws a dot in the middle.

He holds the paper up to the class and asks them what they see.

Some students talk about the position of the dot on the paper, others mention the size of the dot. But they all agree: they see a black dot.

the power of perspective

 

After the responses, the professor speaks to them:

“This dot only takes up 1% of the paper,” he says. “Yet when I asked you what you see, every one of you mentioned the dot. Nobody mentioned the other 99% of the paper, which is rife with possibilities.”